Widely recognized for its progressive and energetic approach to publishing, Liverpool University Press (LUP) is an award-winning scholarly publisher, producing more than 150 books every year, 34 academic journals and several digital collections. Founded in 1899, the Press has grown significantly in recent years and is located in a beautifully refurbished Georgian townhouse on the edge of the University of Liverpool campus.
The role of Sales Administrator will contribute to our global sales efforts for print publications and digital products.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Sales Administrator will undertake the following primary duties:
- Under supervision from the Head of Sales and Marketing, compile the bibliographic data for seasonal print and ebook lists for the US market using different systems and provide monthly updates for newly-released titles.
- Under supervision from the Head of Sales and Marketing, liaise with university libraries to set up access to trials and purchases of ebook collections sold via the LUP website.
- Work with the Head of Sales and Marketing to develop new ebook collections and digital lists.
- Issue site licenses to purchasers for ebook collections and assist with account creation. Working with the customers throughout the year to provide user instructions and usage reports.
- Upload and oversee delivery of digital files for distribution to third party vendors via our titles management system.
- Upload covers to our titles management system and US distributor, checking LUP pages on distributor websites for missing covers (weekly).
- Assign ISBNs and series numbers, creating skeleton records on our titles management system.
- Under supervision from the Trade Marketing Manager oversee the remaindering process for print books, contacting authors and remainders merchants as appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of data inputting to a high standard of accuracy.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- Possess excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Show enthusiasm and the confidence to contribute to a lively and ambitious team.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the role with people from backgrounds under-represented in the publishing industry.
Benefits include 36 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and excellent pension scheme.
To apply please email a CV to LUP’s Head of Sales & Marketing, Jennie Collinson, firstname.lastname@example.org , with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and giving the details of two referees who will only be contacted in the event that you are offered the position.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 22nd November
Interview date: Wednesday 27th November
Liverpool University Press strives to be an open and inclusive workplace.