Books Marketing Assistant (History & Culture)
Widely recognized for its progressive and energetic approach to publishing, Liverpool University Press (LUP) is an award-winning scholarly publisher, producing 150 books every year, 39 academic journals and several digital collections. The Press has grown significantly in recent years and is located in a beautifully refurbished Georgian townhouse on the edge of the University of Liverpool campus.
The Books Marketing Assistant (History & Culture) reports to the Books Marketing Manager (History & Culture) and will under her supervision:
- Prepare and undertake a range of books marketing campaigns for the history and cultural studies seasonal lists. This includes liaising regularly with and supporting individual authors.
- Design marketing literature, such as flyers and advertisements using the Adobe Suite.
- Keep all spreadsheets, marketing materials and plans up to date.
- Write copy for catalogues, blog posts and other promotional opportunities.
- Promote new releases on a variety of social media platforms.
- Represent the Press at academic conferences as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least six months’ marketing experience, preferably in publishing.
- Possess excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work using own initiative.
- Show enthusiasm and the confidence to contribute to a lively and ambitious team.
Salary: £20,000 p.a. plus a £1k bonus
We regret that we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
The role will be home-based until, following government and University of Liverpool guidance, it is safe to return to the office – there will then be the option to work a hybrid home/office schedule with flexible working hours.
Benefits include 36 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and an excellent pension scheme.
To apply please email a CV to LUP’s Head of Sales & Marketing, Jennie Collinson email@example.com, with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and the details of two referees who will only be contacted in the event that you are offered the position.
LUP welcomes applications from candidates under-represented in the publishing industry.
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 16th June
Interview date: Wednesday 23rd June
Follow us for more updates