Liverpool University Press is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to disseminate your research and practice in the new University of Liverpool online open-access journal.
Supported by Liverpool University Press, the University of Liverpool’s Leadership, Organisational, Professional & Academic Development Academy will publish the first issue of its new Open Access journal, Developing Academic Practice, in January 2021.
Developing Academic Practice aims to celebrate scholarship in all aspects of academic practice in Higher Education, whilst providing an open platform to disseminate innovations in the support of learning and teaching, through an open, creative and collaborative publication
The journal invites contributions in the areas of developing academic practice, developing academic leadership, and innovation in education. Through this vehicle, colleagues will have the opportunity to contribute to articles in relation to hybrid active learning, practice and pedagogies.
Possible areas to be addressed include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging students in the virtual classroom.
- Innovative assessment and feedback methods.
- Innovation in a COVID-19 world.
- Ideologies, dominant assumptions and grand narratives in scholarship and professional development
- Engagement, impact and the evaluation of scholarship.
- Digital education/technology-enhanced learning
- Values, ethics and critiques of education practice.
- Learning and teaching philosophies in education.
- Policy development in higher education and entrepreneurship.
- Inclusive education
The Editors welcome submissions which can take one of the following formats:
- Reflective articles: up to 1000 words, excluding references
- Case studies: up to 2000 words, excluding references
- Research papers: up to 5000 words excluding references.
Deadlines for submission
- Expression of interest/abstract up to 250 words: 20th July 2020
- Full paper submitted before 27th August 2020
- Feedback from reviewers 18th September 2020
- Authors resubmit paper 30th September 2020
Please submit your Expression of interest/abstract and any queries to email@example.com.
The journal is currently accepting expressions of interest from University of Liverpool staff.
Developing Academic Practice is a continuous publication which means there will be opportunities to submit papers and have articles published after the deadlines above.