Customer Service Administrator (Journals) – Job Description
Widely recognized for its progressive and energetic approach to publishing, Liverpool University Press (LUP) is an award-winning scholarly publisher, producing more than 150 books every year, 38 academic journals and a number of digital collections. Founded in 1899, the Press has grown significantly in recent years and is located in a beautifully refurbished Georgian townhouse on the edge of the University of Liverpool campus.
- Work with the Subscriptions Manager to process subscriptions renewals, taking card payments and inputting customer orders into the subscription software system Multipub.
- Assist customers with accessing the online part of their subscriptions.
- Supply our distribution partners with mailing data for journal issue dispatch in a timely manner.
- Manage and update membership lists as and when supplied by Society partners to ensure journal copies and content access is provided.
- Monitoring the customer service email inbox – answering queries or distributing to colleagues as appropriate.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have outstanding attention to detail and demonstrable experience working to a high standard of accuracy.
- Enjoy working in a customer facing role, speaking to and corresponding with our customers and partners.
- Possess excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Show enthusiasm and the confidence to contribute to a lively and ambitious team.
Familiarity with subscriptions and/or academic journals would be an advantage but not essential as full training on the products and systems will be supplied.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the role with people from backgrounds under-represented in the publishing industry.
Salary: £18,500 plus potential bonus
Benefits include 36 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and excellent USS pension scheme.
Please email a CV to LUP’s Chief Executive, Anthony Cond email@example.com, with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and giving the details of two referees who will only be contacted in the event that you are offered the position.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 4th June
Interview date: Friday 11th June
Liverpool University Press strives to be an open and inclusive workplace.
Follow us for more updates